Wauwatosa Real Estate
In 1835, Charles Hart found a prime spot for settlement 5 miles west of Milwaukee known first as Hart’s Mill. A few short years later, in 1842, the Town of Wauwatosa was named after the Potawatomi Chief Wauwataeesie. which meant firefly.
By 1921, Wauwatosa saw a huge influx of residents from Milwaukee and became the 2nd city in the state to adopt a zoning ordinance and was soon known as the “city of homes”. After the post-World War II era, they city acquired the Town of Wauwatosa and tripled its size, showing more than 58,000 residents according to the 1970 census.
Wauwatosa is a thriving center for commercial, medical, bio-tech and retail development and is conveniently located in heart of Milwaukee County. Now home to over 47,000 residents, Wauwatosa also offers excellent schools and beautiful parks and recreation to those who live there and visit.